image via Mod-Home
When people think about hiring an interior designer they often imagine the aesthetics: the wall colors, window treatments, furniture, fabrics, etc. As interior designers we understand that it can be difficult for our clients to see the value in elements they can’t yet see, touch or feel. It’s our job and joy as designers to get to know our clients and make that process feel less intangible, and ultimately deliver a finished product that is uniquely them.
image via beckiowens.com
We also know that aesthetics only scratch the surface of the value an interior designer can bring to your home and quality of life over the lifetime of a project. This week we will delve into what that value looks like.
SAVING MONEY. Yep, that’s right, the additional money you spend on an interior designer is going to save you money in the long run. Whether it’s an update on décor and furnishings or a full-blown remodel complete with architects and contractors.
- Impulse buys on furniture and accessories that you think may work in a room can add up and cost you more in the long run. To combine ideas in a cohesive way that is collected and pulled together (and fits the floor plan) takes experience, talent and insight. That’s what designers do well.
- In the case of a remodel or new build, an interior designer is going to be thinking about things differently than the builder and even the architect. For instance, we think about how furniture placement will affect electrical outlets. We think about how the selected light fixtures need to work with the natural and artificial light to create the right colors and mood. Electrical work is a big-ticket item that, if not done correctly during construction, will cost you later.
- You’ll get access to other skilled professionals. We can’t tell you the number of times we’ve been asked to come in and fix someone else’s mistake. You ALWAYS want experienced, professional people working in your home. This will save you a lot of headache and money in the long run. As experienced designers we come with a network of skilled tradesmen like carpenters, painters and electricians. We’ve worked with them before. We know their work and trust them to do the job well and within budget.
image via Studio McGee image via Paperblog
SAVE TIME. After all, time is money and your time is valuable!
- You will send and receive thousands of emails (literally!) over the lifetime of a project between builders, vendors and architects. Your interior designer is the liaison between you and them. A designers experience working with vendors and builders will cut the number of calls and e-mails you need to answer in half. When decisions DO need to be made by you, your designer is going to guide you in making the best choice.
- The short answer is, we have spent thousands of hours perfecting our craft. We can do something in 15 minutes that might take our clients 15 hours.
ADD VALUE. Do you want to increase the value of your home? It’s not a trick question…off course you do! Interior designers are focused on adding lasting appeal that will add value to your investment for years to come.
Mixing metals, colors and textures for a harmonious form, function and flow is what we do. An interior designer is the key to unique solutions in your home that will ultimately maximize your investment and your quality of life – what better value is there than that?
If you live in the Dallas Fort Worth area we’d love to be your interior designer! Give us a call today!